Friday, June 17, 2022

King Fang v2

In November of 2021, Orphan's timer ninacloud noticed that an uploader going by the handle of fabrebatalla18 had torrented a group of "rare raws" ripped from the web. One of them was King Fang. I downloaded the batch and was delighted to discover that the new raw was significantly better than the VHS tape Nanto and I had used for the original release: far less blurry, with better colors. I wrote to Nanto suggesting that we get the gang back together to make a new version, and he agreed. It took a while to redo the timing and typesetting, and the long-distance working relationship also slowed things down, but two weeks ago, TSHS released a new version - and I neglected to note it in the blog. I've now remedied that oversight.

I don't think this new version needs much justification. Here's a screencap from the original release:


 Here's the same frame from the new release:

Although the new raw is slightly overcropped, the gains is clarity, detail, and color balance are more than sufficient compensation.

I covered the show and the cast in my original blog post, so I won't repeat the information. For this version, I transposed the timing, redid the typesetting, and tweaked the dialog. Nanto did the fine timing, QCed and tidied up the dialog, and released the new version. Just like last time, this is a joint Orphan-TSHS release.

If you downloaded the originalversion, you'll want to archive this one instead, for the video alone. If you skipped the original, perhaps this version will convince you to watch. You can get the show from the usual torrent site or from IRC bot Orphan|Arutha in channels #nibl or #news on irc.rizon.net.


1 comment: