I haven't done a status update in a while, and the news isn't good. Most of Orphan's projects, or potential projects, are stalled for lack of resources, notably translation checking and encoding. Here's what's "on the slipways":Many of the titles to be encoded already have scripts and could be started pretty quickly. However, all of Orphan's sources tend to be problematic; every analog capture, and even the DVDs, require detailed analysis and hand tweaking, unfortunately.
- Fighting Beauty Wulong. This will be Orphan's next series project. The existing Hong Kong DVD subs are awful. Translated; encoded. In timing and editing.
- Blue Sonnet. Encoded; translated; timed. In editing and typesetting.
- Bakumatsu no Spasibo
- Genji Pt 1
- Makoto-chan the Movie
- Mother Saigo no Shoujo Eve (also needs re-encoding from uncompressed capture)
- (Maris) The Choujo
- Bocchan (TV special)
- DAYS OVAs 2016
- Magma Taishi (Ambassador Magma)
- Raiyantsuurii no Uta
- Sanada 10 ep 10-12
- Sugata Sanshiro
- Tengai Makyou
- Tezuka Osamu Kyoto Animation Theater Works
- VHS - Yamizaki: Long Distance Call; Oedo ga Nemurenai!; Rail of the Stars; Tottoi: Secret of the Seals; Okama Report (only vol 1 and 2 so far); Shin Dousei Jidai- Hawaiian Breeze; Kentauros no Densetsu; Mother Saigo no Shoujo Eve
- LD - Super Real Mahjong
- R2J DVD - Amatsuki; Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de 2: Shiroki Ryuu no Miko; One Pound Gospel; Mars OVA; Sanada 10 ep 10-12; Tezuka Osamu's Tales of the Old Testament
- HD web rips - Sangokushi movies (need frame rate transcode); Saiyuuki 1960 (needs downscaling from 1080p to 720p); Nine OVAs (need black borders clipped off)
Finally, I would like to help Erik at Piyo Piyo Productions out by creating new versions of titles he's recently recaptured on the Domesday Duplicator: Exper Zenon, Amon Saga, and Stardust Paradise.
So Orphan needs staff, of all kinds: translators, encoders, QCs (particularly an RC), but yes, even editors and typesetters - I'm now the bottleneck on too many projects. If you're interested, and you know what you're doing, please contact me or other staff members on IRC.