Saturday, March 4, 2023

Hiatus, Involuntary

Orphan's seven fans must be wondering what is going on. It's been a month since the last blog post, and even longer since the last release. The answer is simple: I caught Covid, and it knocked me offline for most of February.

I'm hardly unique in catching Covid, and it wasn't a desperately bad case. However, it lasted a long time (3+ weeks), and the resulting fatigue and mental fog persisted after that. I'm slowly working my way back into fansubbing, catching up on my backlog. There's still a lot to do.

Part of the problem is that just as I got sick, two external projects suddenly picked up steam. It's been a running joke in my end-of-year summaries to complain about how slowly Yawara! and the Laughing Salesman specials have been moving. My complaints lit a bit of a fire under the teams, and now I'm behind in both. I'm working on those series as well as Orphan's shows and some other "freelance" assignments.

So stay tuned. Orphan Fansubs will return with new releases. I just can't predict when.


4 comments:

  1. Take your time sir, thanks for all your efforts! Looking forward to the new projects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy to hear that you're recovering, especially given your occasional allusions to your age. Stay safe, Collectr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the fog clears with time and rest.
    Indeed, take your time to be well. Your seven fans are patient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you feel better now, sir.

    ReplyDelete