Monday, December 24, 2018

Mahoutsukai Tai! vs Shamanic Princess

When Orphan released Oshare Kozou wa Hanamaru a few days ago, I told the team it would be the last release for 2018, and everyone could relax until next year. Little Did I Know what those unsuspecting words would lead to. And here is the result, Orphan's holiday bonbon for 2018, Mahoutsukai Tai! vs Shamanic Princess.


And what, you might ask, is Mahoutsukai Tai! vs Shamanic Princess? I had no clue either, but fortunately MyAnimeList has the answer.
A parody-esque epilogue to both Shamanic Princess and Mahou Tsukai Tai!.

As a marketing ploy back when Shamanic Princess was first released, buyers who purchased all six first edition LD's of both Shamanic Princess and Magic User's Club, and sent in their proof of purchases before a deadline, received a special OVA entitled Shamanic Princess vs. Magic User's Club. It was never sold in stores and was a special omake by the series' creators to the fans. The OVA contains an epilogue to both series, which is fitting considering they both came out at the same time.
Now you know. I don't think the short snippets are really epilogues - they're more like ecchi gags - but I haven't watched either series, so I can't be sure.

Eternal_Blizzad saw this on a Japanese auction site, snapped it up, and sent it to our media ripper, who thus received the shortest (less than seven minute) commercial video tape he had ever seen. Our media guy captured it on his new D-VHS setup, and it turned out rather well, so M74 encoded it. Starting a few days ago, Yogicat timed the raw, Iri translated, I edited and typeset, and BeeBee and Nemesis QCed. Done! The raw begins with 12 or 13 seconds of black; I've used ordered chapters to snip that out. If your player doesn't support ordered chapters, you'll just have to sit through the lead-in.

As usual, you can get Mahoutsukai Tai! vs Shamanic Princess from the standard torrent site, or you can download it from IRC bot Orphan|Arutha in channels #nibl or #news on irc.rizon.net. Happy viewing!

Haste Makes Waste Department adds: I fumbled the timing credit. Here's a patch to fix it.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the treat. You should watch Maho just to see NINGEN HOKI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I've never watch Shamanic Princess, but Magic User's Club is amazingly good. If you've never seen it... you should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me where can I download this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From IRC bot Orphan|Arutha in channel #nibl or #news on irc.rizon.net.

      Delete