I have a modest list of projects that require skills I don't have. Here's the list, with status (I have removed the completed items):
- Urusei Yatsura special: typesetting. This special, released by ARR, needs an overhaul for timing and editing. Even the "fixed" version on BakaBT is terrible. The retiming editing, and translation check are done, but there are now 22 signs of considerable complexity needing work. Status: in QC. I typeset what I could and used \an8 for the rest.
- Sotsugyousei: translation. This three-part OVA from ARR also has garbled subtitles. Status: first two episodes done.
- Harukanaru Toki no Nake de 2: translation. This three-part OVA is available with a German dub and subs, but the subs are much shorter than either the Japanese or German dialog. I'd also like to find an R2J source, as the PAL transcoding introduces serious artifacts. Status: in QC; using the German DVD source.
- Harukanaru Toki no Nake de specials: translation. Two specials from the original series have not been translated. One is a recap, the other has new content.
- Nagasarete Airantou BD: timing. This early release from Polished preserves all the timing and editing defects of the original Ayako subtitles. The series is 26 episodes, so it needs a proficient and efficient timer. Status: first 3 episodes done; stalled.
- Gosenzosama Banbanzai movie (aka Moroko): timing. This summary of the six-part OVA can be translated by reference to the OVA once it's been timed.
So if you would like to help with any of these projects, drop me a line.